*** Last update: 18 May 2020 ***
Dear microscope users,
I would like to provide some information regarding the use of the microscopes in the following weeks (as long as the current coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) containment measures are active).
- General BIOMED/UHasselt Coronavirus containment measures apply.
- If the institute/university closes down completely, there will be no access to the microscopes.
- Make sure you follow all the guidelines.
- Only essential experiments are allowed.
- Practice extreme hygiene.
- Keep maximal distance from other people.
- Max two users / room are allowed.
- Mandatory use of the mouthmasks provided by UHasselt when a people are present in a room.
- Please be aware that this is shared equipment, potentially handled by an infected person. Practice extreme personal hygiene.
- Work alone at the microscope as much as possible and maximize "social distancing".
- Inform one or more persons that you will be working at the microscope in case of emergency.
- If possible keep digital contact with at least one person during the experiments when working alone.
- There will be very limited on-site support.
- If you encounter problems with the microscopes, you can contact me through email/chat/hangouts/phone and we can try to fix the issue remotely.
- There will be limited training/introduction sessions for the microscopes until the end of the.
- Data availability of the LSM510 will be slow and irregular.