The added value of reference software is significant. With a "reference manager" one can store, organize and share references, and, in addition, one can also easily include references in a publication (cf. footnotes and bibliography). That way, managing your references is a matter of a few clicks instead of a time-consuming manual job. However, within the field of law, we are faced with some challenges, as the Q&A style is not a reference style that is offered by default in Mendeley, Zotero or EndNote. This training aims to explain what is currently possible and how you can already use reference software.
After having attended this workshop, participants will be...
- aware of the added value of reference software as well as the current pitfalls of reference managers within the field of law.
- able to install and use reference software in their daily work.
An important part of preparing for any further professional step is becoming (more) aware of the competences you have developed and/or want to develop. The current seminar deals with the following competences from the UHasselt competency overview:
- academic research competences
- information management
- publication skills
- PhD students and senior researchers from the Faculty of Law
- September 10, 2021 - 10:00-12:00
- campus Hasselt, Oude Gevangenis, room B1.1 (Groene zaal)
- You can register here until August 31, 2021
- As places are limited, registering does not automatically imply that you will be able to participate. You will be notified by email in due time.
- Please cancel your registration at least one week in advance in case you cannot make it (cf. cancellation & no-show policy).
- category 'research management & communication skills' - 0,5 point ND