The Doctoral School of Sciences & Technology of UHasselt organizes different infosessions on reviewing skills, separate for each discipline.
In this workshop, you will first get an introduction on the general review process of scientific papers, with tips on how to efficiently prepare a review report. You will then be asked to review a paper from your own research field. The main focus will not be put on the content itself but on the best way to formulate constructive recommendations to the authors.
The infosession for PhD students who prepare a PhD in Engineering Techology will be given by Prof. Hervée Degée.
An important part of preparing for any further professional step is becoming (more) aware of the competences you have developed and/or want to develop. In the current workshop, the following competences from the UHasselt competency overview are actively dealt with:
- academic research competences:
- information management
- publication skills
- intellectual competences:
- critical judgment
- The session is open to PhD students who prepare a PhD in engineering technology.
- The session will take place on November 30, 2021 - 13:30-15:30.
- The session will take place on campus Diepenbeek, building D, room A105
- Registrations are closed.
- Please cancel your registration at least one week in advance in case you cannot make it (cf. cancellation & no-show policy).
- DS ST: category 'scientific and generic communication' - an info session on reviewing skills