With this seminar we want to show the PhD students how to translate their research results into a successful product on the market in a very pragmatic and hands-on way. More precisely we will focus on hardware devices. 2 cases will be used where we present the different steps these spin-offs made, starting from a PhD and ending up in a successful company. We will give an answer on questions like: How to switch from an academic PhD mindset to an entrepreneur? How to detect the right market? How to raise money? How to convince investors (and yourself)? What should I do myself and where to use partners for? What about production? …
To support these 2 cases, we will explain the product development process, consisting out of 6 important steps. The first steps will focus on how to find the right product-market fit, whereas the last steps focus on industrialization and scaling up your product.
The seminar will be given by Sander Van Den Dries from COMATE.
After having attended this workshop, participants will have insight in the product development process.
An important part of preparing for any further professional step is becoming (more) aware of the competences you have developed and/or want to develop. In the current workshop, the following competences from the UHasselt competency overview are actively dealt with:
- project planning
- personal effectiveness:
- PhD students and postdocs of the Doctoral Schools of Sciences & Technology and Health & Life Sciences
- December 7, 2021 - 10:00-11:30
- campus Diepenbeek, building D, room H3
- Registration is closed since November 15, 2021.
- Please cancel your registration at least one week in advance in case you cannot make it (cf. cancellation & no-show policy).
- S&T: category 'seminars and advanced course'/'advanced discipline specific knowledge' - seminar by external speaker