A picture or no picture on your resume? Only facts and figures or poetry? Include your publication list or exclude your publications all together? What are the do’s the don’ts and … what are the myths? What do recruiters say about resumes and why? And what do you want your resume to say? All of the above questions are just a few of the most commonly asked questions by academic researchers with an interest of going to the industry.
The 2-hour workshop, by Dr Robin Lefèbvre (Grow2Excel), will give you an insider’s guide to how a recruiter works and how you can pitch your personal brand via your resume. It will touch on the basic, and less basic insights on a resume. And … why your PhD CV is special.
1. Learn how an industry recruiter thinks.
2. Learn how to start building your personal brand.
3. Learn the key difference between an academic and an industry CV.
4. Learn what a recruiter wants from a CV, what you want … and why that is not the same thing.
In addition, you can also register for 30 min one-on-one CV coaching by Robin. Since places for the coaching are limited, a selection of candidates will be made with priority for people approaching the end of their contract.
- The workshop and coaching are open to both PhD students and postdocs.
- There are 50 places available for the workshop and 10 for the individual coaching.
- Only people attending the workshop are eligible for individual coaching. Priority will be given to people approaching the end of their contract.
When and where?
- March 12, 2019 - 13:30-15:30
- campus Diepenbeek, building D, auditorium H2
Individual coaching (30 min)
- March 27, 2019
- time slots: 10u00-10u30 / 10u40-11u10 / 11u20-11u50 / 12u00-12u30 / 13u00-13u30 / 13u40-14u10 / 14u20-14u50 / 15u20-15u50 / 16u00-16u30 / 16u40-17u10
- campus Diepenbeek, building D, room A54
- You can register here until February 26, 2019.
- As places are limited, registering does not automatically imply that you will be able to participate. You will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- DS BSH: category 'career management & personal development' - workshop on career management
- DS HLS:
- DS ST: category 'career & personal development' - workshop on career management