This coaching is provided by Focus Research:
Whether you are at the beginning or the end of your PhD, Focus Research supports you at every stage of your doctoral project (planning, writing, defence preparation). In addition, we help you to prepare your future career. Through training and coaching services, we guide you in your strategic planning so that you can optimally valorise your PhD and reach your full potential! In that respect, individual coaching sessions of 2h per person are organized at Hasselt University.
Who gives the coaching?
Our coaching sessions are offered by professionals who did a PhD themselves. During the individual coaching, they help you answering all your concerns and questions related to career development while offering you tools, tips and tricks that enable you to maximally achieve your goals.
What do we focus on during an individual coaching session?
Due to their personal experience and the diversity of exchanges that our coaches have with PhDs from all disciplines, they are very familiar with your worries and your needs. Depending on your specific questions, a variety of topics can be discussed during the coaching:
- Skills assessment
- Individual development plan
- CV and job interview
- Professional reorientation
- How to valorise your academic experience in non-academic settings
- How to use your network during your job search
- PhD students and postdocs
- There are 8 places available. Priority will be given to people approaching the end of their contract.
When and where?
- April 24, 2019 (room E140, campus Diepenbeek) OR May 28, 2019 (room A54, campus Diepenbeek)
- 2-hour timeslots, which will be assigned after selection of participants
- Registration closed since April 3, 2019.
- As places are limited, registering does not automatically imply that you will be able to participate. You will receive a confirmation e-mail.
How to prepare for the coaching?
- Send in your CV at latest 2 days before the coaching.
- If you want to apply for a specific job: include your cover letter and the job vacancy.
- Name the 3 main challenges that you’re confronted with and for which you’d like to receive advise during the coaching.
- DS BSH: category 'career management & personal development' - career management
- DS ST: category 'career & personal development' - one session on career management