“The real world starts after your PhD” - is it truth or myth? How can you bridge the gap between academia and industry? To solve this question, you need to start by understanding what is available in the industry. What are the different type of roles? What are the parallels and differences with your academic career?
This workshop, by Dr Robin Lefèbvre (Grow2Excel), will provide a behind the scenes perspective of a typical R&D organisation, the different roles and responsibilities. You will go through an R&D case study and get to experience the typical functions involved in the innovation and production process.
1. Understanding the general structure of an (industrial) R&D organisation.
2. Understanding the different roles and responsibilities within an R&D organisation.
3. What are the key expectations and deliverables of a PhD profile in an R&D organisation?
4. Break the ‘real world’ myth, by identifying the parallels between academia and industry.
- PhD students & postdocs
- There are 30 places available. Priority will be given to people approaching the end of their contract.
When and where?
- February 7, 2019 - 10:00-17:00
- campus Diepenbeek, building D, room A5
- Closed since January 10, 2019.
- As places are limited, registering does not automatically imply that you will be able to participate. You will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- DS BSH: category 'career management & personal development' - workshop on career management
- DS HLS: category 'transferable skills' - one compulsory elective course
- DS ST:category 'career & personal development' - workshop on career management