This workshop is aimed at duos of supervisors and PhD students. It is meant to trigger discussion about the topic of doctoral supervision and to put it on the agenda by stimulating participants to discuss preferences and expectations (both during the workshop and after). The focus will be on increasing insight and awareness, as well as on providing strategies that may help in building a strong supervisor/supervisee relationship. A tool that can be used as a starting point for effective communication between supervisee and supervisor will be introduced. After the workshop, participants will be aware of different aspects of PhD supervision which can contribute to a successful PhD process.
The workshop contains interactive exercises and requires active participation through discussion and sharing of experiences.
- Duos of PhD students and supervisors.
- Priority will be given to newly started supervisors.
- February 6, 2020, 13:00-18:00
- campus Diepenbeek, building D, room A4
- Please contact your supervisor if you would like to register for this workshop. The supervisor registers and indicates the name of the PhD student who will be joining in.
- As places are limited (max 5 duos), registering does not automatically imply that you will be able to participate. The supervisor will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- DS BSH: category 'career management & personal development' - workshop on career management
- DS HLS: category 'transferable skills' - half of a course on transferable skills
- DS ST: category 'career & personal development' - one workshop on personal development