Are you approaching the end of your PhD or postdoc? Then you might start to wonder what the next step in your career could be ...
What are my professional strengths as a young researcher and in which non-academic jobs can I apply them? How do I learn to better profile myself and build a professional network? How do I create a convincing CV? What kind of organisation would make me feel at home?
So many questions, so few answers ... But don't worry! That is where myShortlist comes in.
myShortlist and the UHasselt Doctoral Schools are proud to join hands and offer you access to a cutting-edge online career orientation tool. This digital platform will be an invaluable asset in gaining insight in your professional profile and will allow you to take a jump-start to brand yourself. It offers you personalized output on jobs that suit you as well as the type of organisation and working environment that will make you feel at home.
Grab the unique opportunity to thoroughly prepare yourself for the job market!
myShortlist is a scientifically based orientation platform that helps you build your career. It identifies your interests, strengths, and values and suggests a concrete career direction. myShortlist furthermore suggests job functions and company cultures that match your unique profile. After gaining self-knowledge, myShortlist will reveal all secrets of a powerful CV, elevator pitch, and LinkedIn profile. The platform also guides you through all steps of the application process, from sending your CV to signing your contract.
- This is a pilot edition in which 50 accounts will be made available, spread out over time and divided over the three doctoral schools.
- All PhD students and postdocs may apply for an account. However, priority will be given to people approaching the end of their contract.
How and when?
- Send a motivation statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to explain why you think access to this platform may be useful for you, as we want to make sure that assigned accounts are actually being used. Please also include in the email your faculty and the start and end date of your contract.
- It is possible to apply for an account until the end of June 2020. Assignment will be done based on a combination of the motivation statement and 'first-come, first-served'. A next batch of accounts will be made available after the summer holidays.
- Once you have been assigned an account, you will receive a unique access code which can be used to log on to the platform a first time. You will need to create an account, after which you do not need the code any more. When creating your account, it is recommended to use an email address which will remain active indefinitely, as this will allow lifelong access to the platform.
- Since this is a pilot edition, we expect from you that you will provide us with feedback on the use and content of the platform.