Scientists are often in the situation that they need to discuss their findings or their need for extra funding or resources with other members of the scientific community or with the
general public. The ability to express yourself in a concise and clear manner, using strong
arguments, is therefore of utmost importance.
This interactive seminar with real life scenarios, public speaking exercises, argumentation
examples and debates, will help participants to successfully engage in various interactions with other scientists and non-scientists. Your Q&A sessions will never be the same again. You will convince your boss to buy this fantastic Mass Spec. You will disarm other people's arguments against you now that you can look behind their facade. And last but not least, you will win on paper (e.g. research- and grant- proposals)!
More information about the programme is available here.
- PhD students and postdocs
- 12 places available
- June 17-18 , 2019 - 9:00-17:00
- A sandwich lunch will be provided.
- Hasselt University, campus Hasselt, Faculty of Law, room FR 0.09
- Registration closed since May 21, 2019.
- As places are limited, registering does not automatically imply that you will be able to participate. You will be contacted by e-mail after the registration deadline.
- DS BSH: category 'research management & communication skills' - workshop on general communication skills, OR category 'career management & personal development'
- DS HLS: category 'transferable skills' - one compulsory elective course
- DS ST: category 'scientific & generic communication' - once course about generic communication, OR category 'career & personal development' - one course about personal development