Imagine your research on the front page of the newspaper, on the radio or on prime time television. An unrealistic dream? Maybe not. We will jump into the head of a journalist: what kind of news is he or she looking for? We need a ‘wow factor’, but how to find it in our research?
During this workshop we will not only focus on the traditional media, but also on specialized channels and social media, so that you can find out which one is more suitable to get your research noticed.
You will learn how to
- Find a ‘wow factor’ in your research and create an appealing story
- Select the best channel for your purpose
- Create your own media channels
- Improve your personal branding
- How to deal with journalists
The trainer of this workshop is Hans Van de Water (The Floor is Yours)
- PhD students & postdocs
- max. number of participants: 15
When and Where?
- September 16, 2019 - 9:30-16:30
- OG-D1.1-Ge (yellow room), Old prison, campus Hasselt
- Registration is closed.
- Please cancel your registration at least one week in advance in case you can't make it (cf. cancellation & no-show policy).
- As places are limited, registering does not automatically imply that you will be able to participate. You will be notified by e-mail in due time.
- DS BSH: category 'research management & communication skills' - workshop on communication skills, OR category 'IP & valorisation' - session on valorisation
- DS MLS: category 'transferable skills' - one compulsory elective course
- DS ST: category 'scientific & generic communication' - once course about generic communication