So, you started a PhD and realized that a doctoral thesis doesn’t write itself? Your PhD trajectory feels like a rollercoaster? Or you just want to create a creative, stronger vision on your PhD. Either way, you want to become a (academic) SuperHero!
Humans learn by playing. But at a certain age we abandon play as our primary learning method. We start using books, MOOC’s, … until we are confronted with work that requires imagination, creativity, and strategy. Play is a powerful method to spark imagination and creativity leading to beter problem solution, stronger visions, … (yes, it's proven by science). That’s why the doctoral schools offer you a personal development workshop using the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® materials and methodology. During this workshop, given by Dr Jochen Berghs, you will explore goals and aspirations regarding your PhD, visualize the cognitive models you apply to your process and problem solving, and finally create a planning tool to help you achieve your goals and ambitions like a SuperHero. The following competences from the UHasselt competency profile for PhDs will be addressed:
- Intellectual competences: creativity; problem solving; vision
- Personal effectiveness: self-development
- Interpersonal competences: oral communication
- PhD students - 10 places available
- May 6 & 7, 2019 - 10:00-17:30
- room A6, building D, campus Diepenbeek
- Registration is closed.
- DS BSH: category 'research management & communication skills' - workshop aimed at developing general research skills, OR: category 'career management & personal development' - workshop aimed at personal development. The activity will be placed in the portfolios as workshop aimed at developing general research skills, but if you would like to have it acknowledged as workshop aimed at personal development instead, you can send an e-mail to DSrequirements@uhasselt.be.
- DS MLS: category transferable skills - one compulsory elective course
- DS ST: category 'research management' - session on PhD management, OR: category 'career & personal development' - workhop aimed at personal development. The activity will be placed in the portfolios as session on PhD management, but if you would like to have it acknowledged as workshop aimed at personal development instead, you can send an e-mail to DSrequirements@uhasselt.be.