This 2,5-day workshop (by Dr Ilse Van Damme) is meant to extend your toolkit for assertive behaviour and to stimulate you to communicate in an efficient way. The focus will be on increasing insight and awareness, as well as on providing concrete tools which will be practised during the sessions and in-between.
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- distinguish between sub-assertive, assertive and aggressive communication,
- use active listening techniques,
- evaluate situations in a more objective manner and become aware of how your interpretations and thoughts may influence your reaction,
- recognize communication ‘weapons’ that might elicit sub-assertive behaviour,
- use assertive communication techniques.
This workshop is in DUTCH. There are 8 places available.
- What is assertive communication?
- The power of thoughts and beliefs
- Observation vs. interpretation
- Active listening
- Saying no
- Assertive communication techniques
- ‘Weapons’ and how to respond to them
- Giving and receiving feedback
- PhD students and postdocs
- 2 training days: February 13 & 20, 2019 - 9:30-17:30
- A sandwich lunch will be provided on both days.
- half-day feedback session: March 13, 2019 - 13:30-17:00
- campus Hasselt, Old Prison, yellow room
- Closed since January 15, 2019.
- Please register only if you are sure you can attend both training days, as well as the feedback session.
- As places are limited, registering does not automatically imply that you will be able to participate. You will be contacted by e-mail in due time.
- DS BSH: category 'career management & personal development', OR category 'research management & communication skills' - workshop on general communication skills
- DS MLS: category 'transferable skills' - one compulsory elective course
- DS ST: category 'career & personal development' - one course about personal development, OR category 'scientific & generic communication' - once course about generic communication