This workshop, by Jamie McDonald, is for those who want to collaborate, whether you want to work better within your team, across departments, universities or groups, or to communicate more effectively in tricky circumstances.
This learning can be used to help:
- Collaborate, and enhance collaborations with others
- Set up and maintain constructive relationships
- Make the whole process less demanding or stressful
- Understand and work with different norms and cultures
By the end of the workshop, you will have learned:
- Why you, and others, may wish to collaborate and explored the basis and drivers for forming a practical collaboration
- The importance of, and tools to, design a relationship among collaborators that reflects their different agendas, preferences and conventions
- The impact of different culture on experience of working, and suggestions for enhancing that process
- Concepts and experience of building trust and relationship in collaboration
- Ideas and methods for clearer and more constructive communication - even in trying circumstances
- PhD students & postdocs - 18 places available
- November 5, 2019 - 9:00-16:00 (date may change due to Brexit)
- A sandwich lunch will be provided.
- Campus Hasselt, Old Prison, green room
- Closed since October 7, 2019.
- As places are limited, registering does not automatically imply that you will be able to participate. You will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- Please cancel your registration at least one week in advance in case you cannot make it (cf. cancellation & no-show policy).
- DS BSH: category 'career management & personal development' - workshop aimed at personal development
- DS HLS: category 'transferable skills' - one compulsory elective course
- DS ST: category 'career & personal development' - one workshop on personal development