Show the benefit of your research!
As researchers you are trained to communicate your research results in a scientific way, through specific channels as research journals, PhD thesis and scientific symposia.
When you want to attract interest of industrial partners f.ex. the scientific way proves to be insufficient. During this seminar we will look at the elements of success when approaching people and organizations with information on your research.
We will discuss general marketing concepts as the “Value proposition”, the benefit of your research.
During this workshop we will help you identify your potential client, the problem you are solving, and what benefit your research can offer.
To apply these principles on your own research we will use a TOP (technology opportunity): a 2-pager describing the technology on offer in a structured way.
A hands-on seminar to show the benefit of your research!
Lecturer: Steven Van Hoof - Spin-offs & Business, Tech Transfer Office
- PhD students & postdocs
- number of places available: 30
- October 8, 2019, 9:00-13:00
- UHasselt - campus Diepenbeek, building D, room B102
- Registration is closed.
- As places are limited, registering does not automatically imply that you will be able to participate. You will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- Please cancel your registration at least one week in advance in case you cannot make it (cf. cancellation & no-show policy).
- DS BSH: category 'IP & valorisation' - session on valorisation
- DS MLS: category 'transferable skills' - one compulsary elective course
- DS ST: category 'IP & Valorisation' - one courses about valorization of innovation, how to protect IP,... (optional) OR category 'Scientific & Generic communication' - one course about scientific and generic communication