In the current context of the COVID19 health crisis, you as a researcher have been away from your research team, your laboratory,... This distance has undoubtedly had an impact on your way of working, your efficiency and the amount of work carried out. As a result, your motivation to reinvest in your research work or to return to the laboratory might have been impacted. The aim of this workshop, given by Laurence Theunis (ADOC Talent Management), is to reconnect you to your motivations and (initial) reasons for doing research in order to strengthen your commitment to your search and to find the means to work effectively alone and/or in a team in a context that is unclear and uncertain.
The workshop consists of three phases:
- MODULE 1 - (Re)Identifying your motivational levers
- Reflexive analysis of what you liked/disliked and what helped or hindered your performance and motivation during the crisis period.
- Fundamentals of motivation and focus on the issues at stake in times of turmoil
- MODULE 2 - Reschedule your work and manage your time
- Agree on tasks and objectives: SMART method and RACI matrix
- Manage your tasks (share and validate them): Kanban (with Trello), Gantt ...
- Create/modify your quarterly Gantt chart
- Self-organization: to do list, pomodoro method, ...
- MODULE 3 - Effective collaboration and communication, a key motivating factor
- File exchanges
- Slack, Teams ... Tools for asynchronous exchanges
- Meeting in Agile mode
The training will take the form of a participatory workshop with brainstorming and reflection sharing.
After attending this workshop, you will ...
- dispose of tools to take charge of your research work,
- be able to take initiative and to get more self-organized.
An important part of preparing for any further professional step is becoming (more) aware of the competences you have developed and/or want to develop. In the current workshop, the following competences from the UHasselt competency overview are actively dealt with:
- organisation & coordination
- project planning
- progress monitoring
- personal effectiveness:
- interpersonal competences:
- PhD students and postdocs
- Priority will be given to PhD students.
- 12 places available
When and where?
- January 18, 2021 - 9:30-16:30
- The workshop will be organized digitally. You will receive the necessary details timely.
- Closed since December 16, 2020.
- As places are limited, registering does not automatically imply that you will be able to participate. You will receive a confirmation email.
- Please cancel your registration at least one week in advance in case you cannot make it (cf. cancellation & no-show policy).
- BSH: category 'research management & communication skills' - workshop on research management
- HLS: category 'transferable skills' - one compulsory elective course
- ST: category 'research management' - workshop on PhD management or equivalent