"I just have to set boundaries more often." It sounds easy, but when someone asks you to do something, you hear yourself say yes, even though you promised yourself to say no to new requests. In the program 'Setting boundaries and priorities', Anne-Linn Beekhof (PerCo) takes a thorough approach to help you deal with the difficulties of setting boundaries and to learn how to prioritize. You will get to know yourself better and challenge yourself to approach your work differently. Using a personality questionnaire (HPS360) and a mini-coaching session, you will learn why it is difficult to say no and/or why you have a hard time setting (and sticking to) priorities. During the program, we will pay attention to 'how to say it' (social skills in setting boundaries) as well as the internal experience (the discomfort) and work on your individual learning goals.
After having attended this workshop, participants will:
- know why setting boundaries can be challenging,
- recognize and deal with their pitfalls,
- be able to stand up for what they want or need in a respectful manner,
- know how to set boundaries verbally and non-verbally,
- have insight into how to prioritize effectively,
- have obtained knowledge on the mechanisms that ensure healthy coping with tension and pressure.
- create a stimulating and safe learning environment, share individual learning goals and introduce two questionnaires: 360° feedback on personality with HPS360 – HEXACO NL & CISS questionnaire
- fill out the questionnaires and discuss learning objectives with co-worker, N+1 or supervisor
- work on a registration assignment
- debriefing of results HPS360 & CISS
- Training days:
- psycho education & exercises on assertiveness, planning, and setting priorities
- drawing up a personal growth ladder
- exercises on socially dominant skills
- assignment: practice for three weeks with the growth ladder
- expand growth ladder
- psycho education and exercises on automatic thoughts & self-direction, fallacies & thinking patterns
- anchoring knowledge and skills based on the participant’s own practical situations by working on individual cases
- create a personal action plan
An important part of preparing for any further professional step is becoming (more) aware of the competences you have developed and/or want to develop. In the current workshop, the following competences from the UHasselt competency overview are actively dealt with:
- personal effectiveness:
- stress management
- interpersonal competences:
- progress monitoring
- PhD students & postdocs
- 8 places available
When & where?
- October 18, 2021 - 09:00-12:00 - campus Hasselt, Law Faculty building, FR-1.02
- November 15 & 16, 2021 - 09:00-10:45 / 11:00-12:45 / 13:15-15:00 / 15:15-17:00
- one time slot per person; you will be able to indicate your availability when registering
- November 18, 2021 - 09:00-17:00 - campus Hasselt, Law Faculty building, FR-0.03
- December 8, 2021 - 09:00-17:00 - campus Hasselt, Old Prison, yellow room (OG-D1.1Ge)
- Closed since September 22, 2021.
- As places are limited, registering does not automatically imply that you will be able to participate. You will be notified by email in due time.
- Please register only if you are sure you can participate on both days, and cancel your registration at least one week in advance if you cannot make it after all (cf. cancellation & no-show policy).
- DS BSH: category 'career management & personal development' - workshop on personal development
- DS HLS: category 'transferable skills' - one compulsory elective course
- DS ST: category 'career & personal development' - course on personal development