|For almost 20 years now, EDM has been active in European Framework Programmes, funding joint innovative research projects of the industry and the academic world.|
EDM is active in the following programmes:
- The Framework Programmes (FPs) for Research and Technological Development are the EU's main instrument for funding research in Europe. FP7, active till 2013, is designed to respond to Europe's employment needs, competitiveness and quality of life.
- ERDF: The EU has also set up the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), which facilitates and subsidizes R&D projects of regional companies and organisations with research centres like EDM.
- INTERREG is another project channel of the European Union. Interreg can provide funding for projects that support cross border, transnational and interregional cooperation. The aim is to find innovative ways to tackle shared problems of member states, regions and other authorities.
EDM participated in :
- Fine : Free-viewpoint immersive networked experience
- 2020 3D Media: Spatial Sound and Vision
- RITCHIE 2 / iDiscover: a centre for mobile ICT applications within the heritage and cultural tourism sector
- GameHUB: Unlocking the game development expertise for start-ups and SMEs and in preparation for the realization of a game incubator in Genk
- Cubigo Care: Communication and information platform for home care services.
- Rehabilitation Robotics: Physical serious gaming considering the aesthetics of digital games for fine motor skill rehabilitation