AS OF OCTOBER 2017 UNTIL 1ST MARCH 2018 YOU WILL BE ABLE TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION IN 2018-2019.
STEP 1. Fill in an online registration form
Make sure all required fields have been filled in and all required documents have been uploaded.
Important notes for the registration:
- page STUDY PROGRAMME: select "Master of Transportation Sciences - Traffic Safety"
- page LEARNING ACCOUNT: if you have not yet obtained a degree in Belgium, the balance of your learning account is 140
- page SUCCESS RATE: if you weren't enrolled at Hasselt University in the previous year, skip this page and proceed to the next page of the application form
- If you are eligible to apply for the ICP scholarship, you will see this on the page FINANCES of the online application. To apply for the scholarship, you have to select the option "YES" for "application for a VLIR-ICP scholarship".
STEP 2. VLIR UOS scholarship application form
To apply for the ICP scholarship, you have to follow a specific procedure. You will find more information about this procedure on the VLIR-application form, which you can download at the top of the UP/DOWNLOAD page of your online application form.
STEP 3. Send hard copies of your application by post
- printout of the VLIR-UOS scholarship application form
- hard copies of legalised* degree certificates and academic transcripts
- hard copies of additional necessary documents (certified English translations of diplomas and degrees, proof of English proficiency, 2 letters of recommendation, passport picture, ...): see checklist
* Before a public document (like a diploma) can be used in a country other than the one where it was issued, the origin of the document must be authenticated. It is required by the Belgian government to include a legalised copy of your degree certificates and academic transcripts in your application for a study programme at Hasselt University.
A certified true copy of a document, is a photocopy of a primary document, which has a confirmation that it is a true copy. An authorised civil cervant confirms that the copy of the diploma is conform to the original.
to this address:
attn. Ms. Leen Jorissen
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE: 1ST MARCH 2018
Once your documents (electronic + hard copy) have been received and your online file is complete, your application will be submitted to the board of admission who will decide on its admissibility. After the scholarship deadline, all received applications will be reviewed by a board of admission who will rank the applications according to the VLIR-UOS selection criteria.
The top 12 applications will be submitted to VLIR-UOS for scholarship approval. Once VLIR-UOS has approved the scholarship selection made by Hasselt University, the selected students will automatically be notified by VLIR-UOS (as of end May/June). Applicants who were not selected, will be notified by Hasselt University in the same period.
Application forms that are incomplete, illegible or arrive at Hasselt University later than the application deadline, will be rejected.
In case you are academically admitted but at the same time not selected for a VLIR-UOS scholarship, you are allowed to join the Master of Transportation Sciences and attend the programme on your own financial means (e.g. self supported, supported by your employer or other).
Please note that the information provided on this website is intended for informational purposes only and may be subject to changes.