AS OF OCTOBER 2018 UNTIL 1ST FEBRUARY 2019 YOU WILL BE ABLE TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION IN 2019-2020.
STEP 1. Fill in an online application form
Make sure all required fields have been filled in and all required documents have been uploaded.
Important notes for the registration:
- page STUDY PROGRAMME: select "Master of Transportation Sciences - Traffic Safety"
- page LEARNING ACCOUNT: if you have not yet obtained a degree in Belgium, the balance of your learning account is 140
- page SUCCESS RATE: if you weren't enrolled at Hasselt University in the previous year, skip this page and proceed to the next page of the application form
- If you are eligible to apply for the ICP scholarship, you will see this on the page FINANCES of the online application. To apply for the scholarship, you have to select the option "YES" for "application for a VLIR-ICP scholarship".
STEP 2. VLIR UOS scholarship application form
To apply for the ICP scholarship, you have to follow a specific procedure. You will find more information about this procedure on the VLIR-application form, which you can download at the top of the UP/DOWNLOAD page of your online application form.
STEP 3. Send hard copies of your application by post
- printout of the VLIR-UOS scholarship application form
- hard copies of legalised* degree certificates and academic transcripts
- hard copies of additional necessary documents (certified English translations of diplomas and degrees, proof of English proficiency, 2 letters of recommendation, passport picture, ...): see checklist
* legalised/certified hard copies of degree certificates and academic transcripts.
You can ask your university to issue a new set of original transcripts or you can ask the university who originally issued the documents to make a certified copy of your diploma/transcript/diploma supplement. They stamp the copy, thereby attesting that it is a true copy of the original document.
Photocopies or digital versions of certified copies cannot be accepted!
to this address:
attn. Ms. Leen Jorissen
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE: 1ST FEBRUARY 2019
SINCE YOU WILL NEED SOME TIME TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION PROCEDURE , IT'S IMPORTANT TO START IN TIME AND NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE.
Once your documents (electronic + hard copy) have been received and your online file is complete, your application will be submitted to the board of admission who will decide on its admissibility. After the scholarship deadline, all received applications will be reviewed by a board of admission who will rank the applications according to the VLIR-UOS selection criteria.
The top 12 applications will be submitted to VLIR-UOS for scholarship approval. Once VLIR-UOS has approved the scholarship selection made by Hasselt University, the selected students will automatically be notified by VLIR-UOS (as of end May/June). Applicants who were not selected, will be notified by Hasselt University in the same period.
Application forms that are incomplete, illegible or arrive at Hasselt University later than the application deadline, will be rejected.
In case you are academically admitted but at the same time not selected for a VLIR-UOS scholarship, you are allowed to join the Master of Transportation Sciences and attend the regular master/ICP master programme on your own financial means (e.g. self supported, supported by your employer or other).
Please note that the information provided on this website is intended for informational purposes only and may be subject to changes.