VLIR UOS Scholarships for the ICP: Master of Transportation Sciences - Road Safety in Low & Middle Income Countries
The Flemish Interuniversity Council (VLIR-UOS) offers 12 scholarships for our Master’s programme "Master of Transportation Sciences - Road Safety in Low & Middle Income Countries".
Which costs are covered by the scholarship?
- Monthly allowance: € 1150/month (for cost of meals, transport, personal expenses and accommodation)
- 1- time payment for indirect travel costs: € 150
- 1- time payment for logistical allowance: € 850
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
Amounts for trainings or Master programmes starting in 2019 are subject to change. More info on the scholarships can be found here: https://cdn.webdoos.io/vliruos/4377a2c28acfb83f5a94d67ce95882d2.pdf
A/ ACADEMIC ADMISSION CRITERIA:
- Required study level and degree programme:
Participants should have at least an academic bachelor degree in one of the following disciplines:
- behavioural sciences: psychology, sociology
- political and social sciences
- mathematical and statistical sciences
- economy, transport economy
- transport or traffic planning, urban planning or design, geography, (urban) architecture
- engineering: transport engineer, civil engineer
Minimum grade obtained: distinction
- Sufficient knowledge of the English language:
The participants are expected to have both a passive and active command of the English language at a reasonable level. Participant should be able to follow ex cathedra lessons, take notes and present some case studies themselves. Proof of English proficiency has to be submitted. This can be one or more of the below:
- 1 year comprehensive English-based instruction at a university or recognized equivalent
- passed for a TOEFL test (min. score 550 PBT, 213 CBT or 79 IBT)
- passed for IELTS test (min. overall band score of 6.0)
- passed another English test of similar level as TOEFL or IELTS
B/ SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
You can only apply for a scholarship if you meet all VLIR-UOS scholarship criteria:
- Nationality and country of residence:
Be a national and resident of one of the below 31 countries:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
The maximum age for a master programme scholarship is 35 (on 1st January 2019).
For a full description of the scholarship eligibility criteria, visit the VLIR-UOS website: VLIR-UOS scholarship eligibility criteria
Before starting an application, check whether you meet ALL conditions of admission (academic + scholarship). If this is not the case, your application will be rejected.
Please note that the information provided on this website is intended for informational purposes only and may be subject to changes.