We welcome open PhD proposals with topics that are linked to the research, carried out at the Transportation Research Institute of Hasselt University (IMOB).
However, before you can apply for an open PhD, note that no funding can be provided by the Transportation Research Institute/Hasselt University.
Therefore you will have to dispose of sufficient financial means to support yourself for up to 4 years, the time which is necessary to obtain a PhD at our university.
Extra costs for supervision and enrolment in the PhD programme also apply (contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire into the supervision and enrolment fee).
All applicants should hold at least a university degree or a diploma of higher education equivalent to an academic master's degree in a relevant discipline. Applicants need to have an average grade of minimum 70% in their master's degree before they can be considered for a self-funded PhD position.
Sufficient knowledge of English is required and is to be certified by one of the below mentioned tests. Native speakers or holders of a degree, obtained in the English language are exempt from these tests:
- a TOEFL-score report (paper based: score 550 or more, computer based: score 213 or more, internet base: score 79-80);
- IELTS-certificate (min. overall band score 6.0);
- For citizens of China: APS certificate.
- General info: what does it cost? how to prove sufficient means of subsistence? (download pdf)
- Procedure PhD at IMOB (download pdf)
- Template PhD proposal (download .docx)
There is no application deadline for self-supporting PhD applications.
Please note that the information provided on this website is intended for informational purposes only and may be subject to changes.