The international master of Interior Architecture focuses on bachelors or masters in Architecture and/or Interior Architecture with a strong interest in adaptive reuse.
Hasselt University will assess students individually on the basis of their previous academic record and qualifications. General requirements imply diploma requirements and language requirements. The Examination Board of the programme evaluates each application individually with regard to the applicant’s academic record. Depending on previous qualifications, you may have to complete a preparatory or bridging programme.
Holders of a foreign degree should send a portfolio together with their application file.
- Holders of (at least) an academic bachelor’s degree in Interior Architecture.
- Holders of a foreign degree that is equivalent to a Flemish degree in Interior Architecture and that has been awarded after at least 180 ECTS credits (or three years of full-time study) at a university or institute of higher education.
- Applicants holding a foreign academic bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture can apply but might have to complete a preparation programme that is tailored to their specific background before they can be admitted to the master's programme.
Admitted conditionally via a preparation or bridging programme:
- Applicants holding a Flemish academic bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture will have to complete a preparation programme which consists of 39 ECTS credits maximum.
- Holders of a non-academic bachelor degree in Interior Architecture will have to complete a preparation or bridging programme which consists of 48 ECTS credits maximum.
Click here for more information on the preparation or bridging programme.
Sufficient knowledge of English is required and is to be certified by one of the below mentioned tests. Native speakers or holders of a degree, obtained in the English language are exempt from these tests:
a TOEFL-score report (paper based: score 550 or more, computer based: score 213 or more, internet base: score 79-80). For more information about the TOEFL, go to www.toefl.org. Students who take in the test are required to indicate institution code 9005, so that the results are transmitted to Hasselt University directly. Note that we only accept academic TOEFL or IELTS-test results.
IELTS-certificate (min. overall band score 6.0). For more information, go to www.ielts.org. On the day of the test, Hasselt University can be selected as the institution to which the test result should be sent, with reference to the contact person of the programme for which you wish to apply. Note that we only accept academic TOEFL or IELTS-test results.