1. Direct admission of all applicants who have at least a bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credit points) in biomedical sciences or medicine from a Belgian University (or Maastricht University)
2. Direct admission of all applicants with at least a bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credit points) in biology or chemistry from Hasselt University (on condition that a prescribed optional package is included in these bachelor’s programmes)
3. (International) applicants with a different educational background should contact the programme coordinator for specific regulations. The Examination Board of the programme evaluates each application individually concerning the applicant’s academic record.
- sufficient knowledge of English is required and has to be confirmed by presenting a sufficient score on a language test (TOEFL or IELTS) and by an intake interview at request of the programme coordinator.
- Online pre-registration is compulsory. The Examination Board will only consider duly completed application files.
- Deadline for submission: 15th of August (EEA students) / 1st of May (non-EEA students)
- For support in the admission procedure: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants will be notified of the Examination Board’s decision as soon as possible. The registration becomes active after payment of the tuition fee, augmented with a premium for health insurance for non-EEA students.
- Please consult our admission webpage for fees, regulations, and online pre-registration. Practical skills according to the bachelor of biomedical sciences are required. A practical session will be organized at the start of the master programme for all incoming students who do not have a bachelor degree in Biomedical sciences/Biology/Chemistry from a Belgian University.
4. Admission requirements for students with a professional bachelor degree: A bridging programme is provided for professional bachelors in biomedical laboratory technology (specialization medical laboratory technology) at UCLL and for professional bachelors in biotechnology at Hogeschool PXL. For related professional bachelor’s degree programmes, the Examination Board of the master’s degree programme evaluates each application individually with regard to the applicant’s specific background. Depending on previous qualifications an adapted bridging programme can be prepared. The bridging programme is organized only in Dutch, but it gives you the admission requirements to start the English Master of Biomedical Sciences.