The summer school is a combination of masterclasses (September 24), a mini-conference (September 25-26) and hands-on sessions (September 27).
|10.00u-12.00u||Masterclass 1: Ink Formulation - from solution to a printable ink||Prof. Klaartje De Buysser (UGent)|
|Masterclass 2: Hydrophobic/hydrophilic substrate preparation||Prof. Werner Steffen (MPI Mainz)|
|13:30u-15:30u||Masterclass 3: Large area printed electronics, bridging the gap to textiles||dr. Nico Meyer (Coatema)|
|Masterclass 4: Surface preparation, characterization and thin film deposition technology (with an IC twist)||Prof. Stefaan De Gendt (IMEC/KULeuven)|
DAAD-project Functional Coatings
The Research Network Meeting Point Functional Layers - Concept and Results
NanoMOF coatings for heat transfer and catalysis
Prof. Wim Deferme (UHasselt)
Prof. Hildegard Möbius (UAS Kaiserslautern)
Prof. Christoph Janiak (Universität Düsseldorf)
- Peter Visser (AKZO Nobel / TUDelft): Chromate-free active protective coatings for the protection of aluminium alloys
- Dr. Yaiza Gonzalez-Garcia (TUDelft): Micro-electrochemical evaluation of self-healing coatings for corrosion protection
- Prof. Tom Haufman (VUB): Bonding and failure at hybrid interfaces
- Hugo de Haan (Innophysics): Versatile maskless surface functionalization by microplasma
- Dr. Darja Pecko (VUB): Prediction of coating lifetime - modelling vs. accelerated tests
- Prof. Naveen Reddy (UHasselt): Orientation of shape anisotropic particles for functional coatings
- Dr. David Seveno (KULeuven): How fast one can coat a surface?
- Prof. Guy van Assche (VUB): Fabrication and characterization of self-healing polymer coatings
Lab UHasselt 1: ink formulation (conductive ink)
Lab UHasselt 2: Coating technology (bar coating and spray coating)
Lab KULeuven: Optical coatings
Lab VUB: Characterization of coatings, defects and corrosion protection in action
The preliminary program is available here.