Portables can connect wireless or via cable (connection points via UTP cable) :
- Besides physical UTP connection points, UHasselt campuses provide wireless networks.
- The AccessPoints (AP's) on campus broadcast 4 SSID's (networknames) from which 2 can be used by students:
- Students and guests should make use of UHasselt-Student.
- Logon is required. A valid username and password is mandatory. A temporary login can be provided to guests.
- For UHasselt-student no special settings are required. The wireless network card on your portable/PDA/Mobile Phone should detect UHasselt-Student. Connect to this SSID.
- Open a webbrowser on your system (without a configured proxy servers!). The loginportal (see picture below) will be presented. Fill in your credentials.
- When using a connection via cable, the login portal shown in the picture below will be presented when opening a browser.