There are various possible scholarships for international students of the Master of Statistics, depending on their country of origin, study programme, etc.
VLIR-UOS ICP scholarships
VLIR-UOS provide 12 full-fledged scholarships for the ICP-programme of the Master of Statistics.
The scholarship eligibility criteria include (non-limitative list, for information purposes only):
- Nationality and Country of Residence: a candidate should be a national and resident of one of the following 31 countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
- Age: the maximum age for a Master programme candidate is 35 years. The candidate cannot succeed this age on January 1 of the intake year.
These scholarships consist of the following payments:
- Allowance: € 890/month;
- Accommodation allowance: € 390/month;
- Family allowance: € 62 per dependent person/month;
- Several one-time payments;
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee.
More information on the scholarships and all eligibility criteria can be found on the VLIR-UOS website.
Master Mind scholarships
The Government of Flanders has launched this new scholarship programme in 2015, Master Mind Scholarships. For the academic year 2017-2018, it awarded up to 45 scholarships to outstanding Master students from all countries. The programme aims to promote the internationalization of the Flemish Higher Education.
More information on the application in the context of an UHasselt master programme can be found here.
BTC is the Belgian development cooperation agency that supports developing countries in their fight against poverty. Each year BTC grants scholarships in Belgium across diverse fields of training, including Master programmes to students from its priority countries.The list of countries include: Algeria, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ecuador, Guinea, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Palestinian Territory, Peru, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam.
In case you are interested in these scholarships, you should contact the BTC-representative of Belgium in your country. This information can be found on the BTC website under countries.
For all scholarships opportunities at Hasselt University, please have a look here.
Disclaimer: Please note that the information provided is intended for informational purposes only and may be subject to changes.