The second module of the Academic Leadership Skills training, given by trainers from True Colours, is about inspiring leadership, enhancing teamwork and dealing with conflicts. This module is only open for postdoctoral researchers who followed the first module.
Inspiring & motivating people
- Inspiring people to identify with the ultimate scientific breakthroughs you are trying to achieve with your research group
- Motivating people to take up their own responsibility and make their own decision
- Motivating people to accept and support the changes you want to implement
- Ensuring continuity in a group where collaborators come and go; and where funding is far from stable
- Building a team where scientific and non-scientific staff optimally work together.
- Motivating other (research) groups or individuals for a collaboration even when the common interest is not (yet) clear
Dealing with conflicts
- Anticipating conflicts
- Effectively dealing with conflicts, crises, or other difficult situations as they occur
- postdoctoral researchers who followed the first module
- max. 10 participants
- September 6 and 7, 2016 - 9:00-17:00
- Green room, Old Prison, Campus Hasselt
- Registration closed since August 18, 2016
- As places are limited, registering does not automatically imply that you will be able to participate. You will receive a confirmation e-mail.