The Times Higher Education Ranking is an international league table that ranks universities based on 13 performance metrics that are clustered into five core indicators: teaching (the learning environment), research (volume, income and reputation), citations (research influence), industry income (knowledge transfer) and international outlook (staff, students and research).
Every year, the Times Higher Education publishes its main ranking, the World University Ranking, that ranks universities worldwide. Additionally, a number of subrankings are published every year. These subrankings focus on universities with similar profiles (e.g. age, size, etc.).
Hasselt University in the Times Higher Education Ranking
Hasselt University is ranked in the section 401-500 in the Times Higher Education - World University Ranking, edition 2017-2018.
Hasselt University is furthermore ranked in the following subrankings of the Times Higher Education Ranking:
- # 15 of the best small universities (universities with less than 5000 students)
- # 84 of the best young universities worldwide
- # 39 of the Generation X universities (universities that were established between 1967 and 1985)
- # 251-300 of the best universities worldwide in the field of “Life Sciences”
- # 301-400 of the best universities worldwide in the field of “Clinical, pre-clinical & health”
- # 301-400 of the best universities worldwide in the field of “Engineering and technology”
- # 401-500 of the best universities worldwide in the field of “Physical Sciences”
Discover the Times Higher Education Ranking online.
For more information you can also contact Hanne Poelmans