Python is one of the dominant languages in the area of machine learning and AI.
This training will provide an introduction to machine learning methodology for data preparation and machine learning, as well as some machine learning algorithms.
Subjects and Python modules that will be covered:
- what is machine learning, and what is AI?
- pipelines for data ingestion, training and testing: scikit-learn
- examples of classic algorithms: scikit-learn
- principal component analysis
- Ridge regression
- Naive Bayes classifier
- k-means clustering
- examples of (deep) neural networks: Keras
- multi-layer perceptron for image classification
- convolutional neural network for image classification
- recurrent neural networks for sentiment analysis
experience in Python programming, visualization
Geert Jan Bex is currently working as an HPC analyst/consultant at Hasselt University/KU Leuven. In that role he helps researchers and customers run computational workloads efficiently on the infrastructure of the Vlaams Supercomputing Centrum. He spends a lot of time developing and conducting training sessions.
In the 90s Geert Jan did research on neural networks, and more recently on formal languages and data transformations.
He also worked for a couple of years in a company’s R&D department developing decision support software for comparing trademarks.
March 10th 2020, from 14h00 till 18h00
Campus Diepenbeek - Gebouw D
- 300€ excl. TVA
- 150€ excl. TVA for UHasselt Staff and students
The use of 'KMO-Portefeuille' is possible. Our registration number is DV.O215745