Wednesday 16 March 2016 – from 5 pm - Hasselt University (Campus Diepenbeek, building D)
This year again and for the 12th time, the Agora will be the place to be for those who want to discover and taste other cultures. The 2016 edition will take place on Wednesday 16 March 2016!
Do you want to have a preview? Have a look at the photo album of last year's World Evening!
Rate in pre-booking (until 7 March 2016): 5€
(children until 12 years old: free)
After 7 March, it will be only possible to pay on site: € 10€.
The price includes: entrance, food (meal and dessert), two drinks and participation in the chosen workshop.
|5 - 6.30 PM:||Meet & Eat:
Appetizers prepared by international students/staff
|6.30 - 8 PM:||Workshops:
Discover other cultures through funny and interactive workshops (more info below)
|8 - 9 PM:||Fraternization:
- Announcement winner Cook & Win
- Dessert & Turkish tea- & Ethiopian coffee ceremony
Meet & Eat
Would you like to prepare appetizers from your home country? Then just fill in this short form and we'll contact you.
Upon registration, you will have the possibility to subscribe for one of the following workshops:
- Ebru (more info) (fully booked)
- Henna (fully booked)
- Jordan dance and music - Kids welcome!
- Kwinkslag - intercultural game (more info)
- Didgeridoo - Kids +10 welcome! (more info)
- Bellydance - Kids +10 welcome!
- Brazilian samba - Kids +10 welcome!
- African dance - Kids +10 welcome!
- "In action for refugees" movie: The art of becoming (more info)
- Calligraphy - write your own name in Persian
Cook, taste & win!
The Cook&Win contest has also become a tradition: after tasting the food, you can vote for your favourite country in terms of food. The winning country shall choose and name one dish that will be served in the campus restaurants by Horeservi.
Stéphanie Frère: firstname.lastname@example.org; 011/26.80.15