Because of the measures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus decided by The National Security Council, these modifications at Hasselt University apply until further notice (update June 2nd):
- For staff and researchers:
- As far as the job allows, or in part allows, staff will continue to work from home. If work on campus needs to be done, the imposed hygiene measures and social distancing regulations need to be met (this rule applies until August 31st).
- Teleworking is also obliged in research as far as possible or for the aspects of the research where this is possible (this rule applies until May 31st). However, if research requires the presence of the researcher on campus, the research may be conducted but the imposed hygiene measures and social distancing regulations need to be respected at all times. You can find detailed guidelines here .
- For students:
- ‘Distance learning only’ will continue until the exams in June.
- June exams will be held on campus, unless a later decision is made to organise off-campus exams to comply with corona measures.
- Building D and the rectorate building are both open, but with measures in place to comply with hygiene and social distancing regulations. Other buildings of Hasselt University are currently only accessible with a badge or key.
- The Campus Library offers a 24 hour online service and an additional ‘grab&go’ service. Furthermore, the Campus Library is operational for students who need to consult the collection for their bachelor or master thesis, but only by appointment. You can find more details on the Library website.
- The restaurants remain closed.
- All events are cancelled until further notice.
The general travel ban for Hasselt University staff is extended until July 1st, for students until August 31st.
Specific information for staff and researchers is available on the Intranet (partly only in Dutch).
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
General information about the coronavirus can be found on the Public Health website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/nl/ and on https://www.vlaanderen.be/gezondheid-en-welzijn/gezondheid/coronavirus-covid-19#onderwijs (in Dutch).
These measures reduce the spread of the coronavirus, so be sure to follow them:
- Stay at home, especially if you are sick.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- Keep enough distance (1.5 metres) when outdoors.
- Limit your physical social contacts.
- Wear a face mask on public transport and in crowded public places.
We count on everyone's understanding to respect the measures and to treat each other with care.