The Innovative Health Initiative has launched their first calls for proposals. The Innovative Health Initiative (IHI) aims to translate health research and innovation into real benefits for patients and society, and ensure that Europe remains at the cutting edge of interdisciplinary, sustainable, patient-centric health research. Health research and care increasingly involve diverse sectors. By supporting projects that bring these sectors together, IHI will pave the way for a more integrated approach to health care, covering prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and disease management.
IHI is a partnership between the European Union and European industry associations representing the pharmaceutical, medical technology, biotechnology, digital health and vaccine industries, namely COCIR, EFPIA, EuropaBio, MedTech Europe and Vaccines Europe. IHI’s total budget is EUR 2.4 billion.
IHI call 1 is a single-stage call, meaning application consortia will need to include industry / contributing partners who bring in kind or financial contributions to the project. A full proposal will need to be submitted by the deadline of 20/9/2022.
Topics for call 1:
IHI call 2 is a two-stage call, meaning applicant consortia should not include industry / contributing partners. They will have to submit a short proposal by the deadline of 20/9/2022. The winning consortium will then work with the industry partenrs that designed the topic and submit a full proposal at a later date.
Topics for call 2:
These links will take you directly to the relevant page of the Funder and Tenders Portal, where the full details of the topics, as well as the budget breakdown, can be found.
Any legal entity is eligible to participate (whether it is eligible for funding or not).
In order for a consortium to be considered eligible, it should include:
- at least one independent legal entity established in a Member State, and
- at least two other indepdendent legal entities, each established in different Member States or associated countries
An IHI project may involve:
• research/higher or secondary education organisations (private or public)
• small & medium enterprises (SMEs) and larger companies (for-profit legal entities)
• non-governmental organisations (NGOs)
• healthcare professional organisations / healthcare providers
• patient / citizen organisations
• regulatory bodies
• notified bodies
• health technology assessment bodies (HTAs)
• healthcare payers
• charities and foundations
• public authorities
IHI is hosting webinars on IHI rules and procedures that can be found on their website
All documents relating to the call can be found on the Funding and Tenders portal
and the IHI call documents page