VLAIO Landbouw (LA)-trajecten


Funding organisation:

Agentschap Innoveren en Ondernemen


The objective of agricultural (LA) trajectories is to offer innovative solutions, based on a problem or demand-driven opportunity of a group of companies, that can be applied in a relatively short term and that result in visible changes with a clear (economic) added value for the broad target group (= primary sector agricultural and horticultural companies).

Unique to the LA trajectories is that the entire process from knowledge acquisition to knowledge transfer and the application of that knowledge directly at the target group companies is integrated in one project. An LA trajectory is composed in a modular way, the activities are chosen in function of the needs. Activities such as raising awareness, building up knowledge, bundling and translating knowledge, knowledge dissemination, platform and networking and the initiation of concrete innovations/changes in the target group companies can be discussed and can be carried out in parallel (or linearly) depending on the needs.

The project duration of an LA trajectory is standard 4 years, but LA trajectories can also have a duration of a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 6 years, with an interim evaluation every 2 years. The grant amounts to 90 percent of the project's accepted budget. The remaining 10 percent must be financed with contributions from the target group companies. To this end, a comprehensive co-financing plan must be submitted showing the commitment of the effective target group.


Applications for an LA trajectory can only be made by a Flemish higher education institution, a research organization or a practice centre. The above mentioned organizations can act independently as a project applicant or can apply as a partnership. Every applicant must fulfill the criteria set in the European definition of "Organisatie voor Onderzoek en Kennisverspreiding" and must add an attestation to the proposal.


The application must be registered via the online portal of VLAIO. After registration with your eID you receive (as main applicant) a link to your application to complete the proposal and to upload all necessary supporting documents. 

Via this link other applicants can complete their part of the proposal.

Please note that after submitting a part of the proposal, the data in this proposal cannot be modified anymore. Make sure that before submitting all parts that the budget is final and that everything in the online portal is consistent with the content of the completed templates.

Only OBI is allowed to submit the part for the "kennisinstelling", as they have a mandate to do so. Do note that every institution or company that is part of the consortium must submet their own part, and this must be done by their legal representative (or someone who has a signed mandate to do so)

More information on the submission procedure can be found on the VLAIO website.

More information?

More information on the agricultural trajectories can be found on the VLAIO website 

Extra support for applicants?


VLAIO organizes an infosession for interested applicants on Friday 30 September 2022 at 9:00 in Brussels. registration is mandatory and can be done via this registration link  by September 23th

Preliminary discussions

Applicants can request a meeting with one of the VLAIO project advisors on one of the following days:
- Friday 30 September 2022: after the infosession
- Monday 3 October via teams
- Friday 7 October via teams
You can request a meeting via this registration form
Make sure to add a short summary of the project proposal and the questions you have. 

Contact OBI when preparing a project proposal

  • Helps with process-related questions (e.g. questions about the application template, submission procedure etc.)
  • Acts as an intermediary between the researchers and VLAIO
  • Acts as an intermediary when internal (TTO, PER, FIN) or external consultation is necessary
  • Helps with preparing the project budget
  • Checks the final project budget
  • Helps with administrative formalities relating to Hasselt University
  • has the mandate to submit the application for Hasselt University

Deadline intern

22.11.2022, 29.11.2022

Contact Hasselt University?

E-mail ellen.vancutsem@uhasselt.be

Tel. +3211268995

Back to the Calls - international overview