This interactive workshop has two main parts.
- The participants will receive information on how to clearly explain the core of your research (story / pitch) and will apply it on their own research.
- The principles of the design of a scientific poster will be highlighted and applied to the academic context in which the participants will find themselves.
We will focus on the different types of research (methodologies) and how you can visually present quantitative and qualitative, human/behavioral science research.
During the workshop, concrete examples of posters will be analysed and you will get a lot of tips & tricks.
- What to expect?
- Poster session: hybride communication
- Networking & communication tool
- Online poster sessions
- How to compose a pitch?
- Scientific poster
- Criteria of a splendid poster
- Analysing of some examples
- Try out: my own pitch & poster
After attending this workshop, participants will ...
- be able to give a pitch about his/her research,
- have insight in the elements of a good scientific poster,
- be able to design their own scientific poster,
- be aware of the basic communication principles.
An important part of preparing for any further professional step is becoming (more) aware of the competences you have developed and/or want to develop. In the current workshop, the following competences from the UHasselt competency overview are actively dealt with:
- intellectual competences:
- interpersonal competences:
- presentation skills
- oral communication