Below you can find an overview of all seminars/research presentations from external speakers, organised by research groups of the Faculty of Engineering Technology, the Faculty of Sciences and the School of Transportation Sciences. If you follow a seminar/research presentation, make sure you have a proof that you followed that presentation in order to be able to add this to your DS-portfolio later on.
Matthieu Jouffroy (Senior Scientist, Discovery Process Research, Janssen R&D)
- Title of the talk: Chemistry enabling technologies
- Content: Various aspects of high throughput experimentation in synthetic organic chemistry, including some case studies
- Monday November 8, 2021 - 13:00-15:00
Sebastien Lemaire (Scientific Director at Janssen Inc.)
- Title of the talk: Chemistry Stereoselective C-Glycosylation Reactions with Arylzinc Reagents, Application to Canagliflozin Synthesis and Mechanistic Study
- Content: We report a useful, general, transition-metal-free, highly stereoselective arylation of pyranosyl bromides with arylzinc reagents leading to β-arylated glycosides. The exceptional stereoselectivity of the reaction is explained by invoking anchimeric assistance via a bicyclic intermediate. Stereochemical probe experiments confirm the participation of the 2-pivaloyloxy group. This new method was applied to a short and efficient stereoselective synthesis of SGLT-2 inhibitors Dapagliflozin and Canagliflozin. The scope and utility will be presented, including extension to furanosyl halides.
- Thursday March 11, 2021 at 15:00 (-16:00)
- Registration is now closed
Jesús Alcázar (Janssen Inc.)
- Title of the talk: Flow Chemistry: An automated tool to escape from flatland in Drug Discovery'
- Wednesday May 12, 2021 at 10:00 (-11:00)