The framework for this course is the multimedia teaching method 'Vanzelfsprekend' of the Leuven Language Institute (ILT). The students will learn how to use the 1000 most frequent words, basic grammar and most important language functions of the Dutch language. Some interesting cultural information regarding Flanders, its geography and climate will be featured extensively.
This course is blended: the student will complete part of the trajectory in the classroom (40%) and the rest through self-study (60%), with the help of an online learning platform. This platform includes video materials, audio fragments and different types of exercises to study the vocabulary and grammar. Listening, reading, speaking and writing skills as well as pronunciation will also be practiced online. In the classroom the main focus will be on communication and interaction.
At the end of the course there will be an exam. This exam consists of 4 parts: a listening exam, a reading exam, an oral test and a written part (vocabulary + grammar / a writing assignment). If you pass, you will receive a certificate. This corresponds to the CEFR level A2. In order to pass, participants must obtain a minimum of 60% and they can only fail 1 of the 4 parts.
After this course, you are able to ...
An important part of preparing for any further professional step is becoming (more) aware of the competences you have developed and/or want to develop. In the current workshop, the following competences from the UHasselt competency overview are actively dealt with: