Are you an International UHasselt student or an Erasmus student at UHasselt arriving in Belgium for the first time?
UHasselt wants to make your first trip to your student room/lodging in Belgium as smooth as possible. We refund part (maximum 30€) of the price of your cab ticket.
- International student
- Erasmus student
- Does not apply to PhD students, Visitors, Internship
What do you need to do?
- Take a taxi
- From Hasselt Station Or an airport in Belgium (Charleroi Brussels South or Brussels International)
- To your accommodation in Hasselt or Diepenbeek.
- Pay for the cab
- Ask for a receipt (in Dutch: Betalingsbewijs).
- Request a refund .
- proof of payment
- Ticket to Belgium (a refund is only valid on or the first day after the date of arrival)
- is 30€ maximum and can never be more than the amount paid. If a cab ride is shared, the maximum per cab ride for reimbursement is 30€.
- is only possible for a cab ride on or the first following day after the date of arrival
- per student is one time
- is paid to an account number noted in the student file. Possible bank charges (Belgium to NON- EEA) will be deducted from the refund.
Be sure to ask for an estimate of the price before boarding.
The reimbursement of the maximum of 30€ only pays back a part of the entire cab trip.
Illustrative example of the rates:
- Cab Brussels International - Hasselt: 100€ - Intermediate 30€ = Student pays 70€
- Cab Brussels South - Hasselt: € 200 -between € 30 = Student pays € 170
- Cab Hasselt Train Station - Diepenbeek (Hasselt) = 40€ - 30€= student pays 10€.