University Consortium International
Since April 2019, Hasselt University is one of the 10 founding members of the 'University Consortium International'. The partners are:
- Ton Duc Thang University, Vietnam
- VSB – Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Tomas Bata University in Zlín, Czech Republic
- University College of Northern Denmark, Denmark
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
- Pukyong National University, Republic of Korea
- Hasselt University, Belgium
- National Kaohsiung University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- University of Trieste, Italy
- Wroclaw University of Sciences and Technology, Poland
The goal of the consortium is to enhance international collaboration, through concrete actions in the fields of education, research and mobility. Hasselt University is also holding the chairmanship of the Research Council of UCI.
More information on the website of UCI.
Hasselt University has institutional and faculty collaboration agreements with prominent universities, research institutes and academies all over the world, to give its (PhD) students, researchers and lectures the possibility to spend time abroad or develop international activities.
Thanks to these agreements Hasselt University welcomes foreign exchange students every year who come to study for a period for their Bachelor's or Master's degree. In turn, students at Hasselt University can opt for an exchange programme at more than 125 partner institutions abroad. In certain cases, students can also be granted scholarships to finance their stay abroad (e.g.: via the Erasmus + programme, the Priority Country Programme, ASEM-DUO, etc.).