The prize offers talented young designers a platform to facilitate their entry into the professional field. In addition, it offers the Euroregional schools of architecture the opportunity to learn from each other and further develop the quality of their education.
On Saturday October 15th it's time for the award ceremony of the 32nd Euregional Prize for Architecture. On a total of 28 graduation projects from the previous academic year our faculty has 6 nominees: Bo Martens, Zeynep Yala, Caro Geerts, Rani Nyst, Nele Ritzen en Stuti Pandya. An international jury of professionals will select the prize winners and honourable mentions during the preceding jury days.
Attendance of the awarding ceremony on Saturday 15th October is free of charge. It will be held at the Academy of Architecture Maastricht, Herdenkingsplein 12 in Maastricht.
The programme is as follows:
- 7 p.m.: Informal preview exhibition
- 8 p.m.: Word of welcome by Andrea Croé, Senior curator Architecture and Urbanism, SCHUNCK. Introduction by Christa Reicher, Head of Institute of urbanism and European urbanistic, RWTH Aachen
- 8.15 p.m.: Jury presentation by Josef Bischofs, Head Academy of Architecture Maastricht
- 8.25 p.m.: Analysis of the projects by Marcel Musch, Director Rotterdam Academy of Architecture
- 8.35 p.m.: Jury report and awarding of the 32nd Euregional Prize for Architecture by the chairman of the jury
- 9 p.m.: Reception
Exhibition 32nd edition EAP (free entrance)
Following the award ceremony, the accompanying exhibition will be held at Academy of Architecture Maastricht from 17 to 21 October and from 31 October to 4 November.
- Monday: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday to Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Please note that the exhibition is closed during the autumn holidays (22 to 30 October)!