The UHasselt doctoral schools offer a one-day presentation skills workshop to applicants for FWO PhD fellowships (both fundamental research (FR) and strategic basic research (SB)) to prepare them for their oral jury defense.
It is a hands-on training which offers participants the opportunity to practice their pitch, receive feedback and tips, and improve their powerpoint slides. In preparation, participants are expected to draft a preliminary five-minute powerpoint presentation.
The course is free but places are limited to 6 per workshop.
- master students and PhD students who are preparing an application for an FWO PhD fellowship for fundamental research (FR) or strategic basic research (SB)
- There are three possible training days for PhD fellowships - Fundamental research (August 12, 13 & 19) and three for PhD fellowships - Strategic basic research (August 19, 21 & 22). The workshop will start at 9:30 and ends at 17:30.
- When registering, you will only be shown the moments that apply to your type of research, for which you will be asked to indicate your availability. You will be notified of the actual date at which you need to be present on July 10.
- UHasselt, campus Diepenbeek, building D, room to be determined
- FWO PhD fellowships - Fundamental research: registration closed
- FWO PhD fellowships - Strategic basic research: registration closed
- Please bring a preliminary five-minute powerpoint presentation. You are also allowed to bring an index card summarizing your story (max. 20 words), as a 'cheat sheet' for during the presentation.
- DS BSH: category 'research management & communication skills' - workshop on communication skills
- DS MLS: category 'transferable skills' - one compulsory elective course
- DS ST: category 'scientific & generic communication' - one course about scientific and generic communication