The UHasselt doctoral schools offer a one-day presentation skills course to applicants for FWO doctoral grants for SB to prepare them for their oral jury defense. VLAIO Baekeland applicants are also invited to attend.
It is a hands-on training which offers participants the opportunity to practice their pitch, receive feedback and tips, and improve their powerpoint slides. In preparation, participants are expected to draft a preliminary five-minute powerpoint presentation.
The course is free but places are limited to 6 per course.
- master students and PhD students who are preparing an application for an FWO doctoral grant for SB or for a VLAIO Baekeland mandate
- There are three possible training days: October 1, October 15, and October 22 (9:30-17:30)
- When registering, you will be asked to indicate your availability. You will be notified of the date at which you need to be present as soon as possible after registrations have been closed.
- UHasselt, campus Diepenbeek, building D, room A4
- registration closed since September 24, 2018
- Please bring a preliminary five-minute powerpoint presentation. You are also allowed to bring an index card summarizing your story (max. 20 words), as a 'cheat sheet' for during the presentation.
- DS BSH: category 'research management & communication skills' - workshop on communication skills
- DS MLS: category 'transferable skills' - one compulsory elective course
- DS ST: category 'scientific & generic communication' - one course about scientific and generic communication