Your main assignment will be within the competency line of health promotion and prevention
and/or the competency line of musculoskeletal rehabilitation
where you will transfer concepts around exercise science including motor learning in clinical and functional context in various populations
. This also includes teaching activities around rehabilitation of patients participating in sports activities and prevention of (sports) injuries.
You perform teaching assignments within the undergraduate and graduate program of the Rehabilitation Sciences and Physical Therapy program. You work with innovative didactic educational concepts appropriate to the vision of the program. You contribute to competency-based education as described in the CanMEDs model, including clinical and scientific competencies and interdisciplinary collaboration.
You also contribute to a learning organization for a learning society.
You work as part of a team and manage a group of teaching staff.
You conduct research within the field of health promotion and prevention
and/or the musculoskeletal rehabilitation learning line, aimed at the safe performance of various forms of physical activity, including complex motor skills and sports participation in society. In doing so, you take into account adapted rehabilitation and training for various target groups, regardless of their level, present conditions or age, in group or individual.Your research will take place within the vision of the REVAL research center. You will develop and supervise research projects within this domain and contribute to collaborations with other partners and disciplines. You conduct research and provide services within a regional and international network.
You are responsible for applying for funds to finance research and infrastructure. Your research focuses on population-level research and contributes to policy-level advice for health program and system adaptations.
You take on assignments in the faculty context appropriate to the academic degree. Examples include: coordination of continuing education offerings, membership on the medical ethics committee, alumni outreach or a policy function in teaching, research or internationalization.You have a focus on service activities in the region based on direct expertise or in the context of policy organizations.
The Faculty of Rehabilitation Sciences organizes the 3-year academic bachelor and 2-year academic master program "Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy. This program trains students through self-directed, activating learning methodologies within a competency-based framework (CanMEDs). The faculty is a penholder of the interuniversity Master of Occupational Therapy Sciences and contributes to the Educational Master of Health Sciences. The faculty's REVAL research group conducts clinical and basic interdisciplinary research in the areas of musculoskeletal, geriatric, pediatric and neurological, rehabilitation and rehabilitation of internal disorders.
REVAL researchers conduct innovative, person centered, interdisciplinary and technology supported scientific research related to detection, prevention, and rehabilitation to optimize the functioning of individuals throughout the life course. The interaction of physical, psychological and social factors is central to this work.
Within the perspective of a "civic university," our researchers demonstrate a strong commitment within the healthcare sector of our region.
REVAL ACADEMY establishes interdisciplinary continuing education programs for healthcare and rehabilitation professionals.
You will join a dynamic and professional team of researchers and teachers coming from various fields, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, health psychology, exercise science, the exact and (bio)medical sciences. This team shares a passion for interdisciplinary research. We value principles such as quality, professionalism, dynamic mindset, collaboration and the academic social impact of our work.
- You have a master's degree in Rehabilitation Sciences (or equivalent)
- You obtained a Phd and have several years of post doctoral experience or equivalent.
- Clinical experience within the field and/or with multiple target populations is an asset.
- You take initiative to participate in community service duties that contribute to the outreach of your own research and teaching.
- You have a strong academic output in the above academic domain.
- You have strong teaching skills which contribute to the quality of the educational program. You have strong teaching skills which contribute to the quality of the educational program.
- You have a broad (inter)national network, which can be indicated in for example publications, involvement in consortia and/or committees. International mobility is a plus.
- You have demonstrable and broad experience in external fundraising.
- You have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- You enjoy collaborating within a team and contribute to tasks within the faculty and collaboration with both interdisciplinary and external partners.
- Dutch is the official administrative language of Hasselt University. If you do not have a sufficient knowledge of Dutch (CEFR level B2) upon your appointment, we expect you to obtain the required level no later than 5 years after being appointed or at the moment of tenure (usually after an internship of 3 years for senior academic staff). We provide tailor-made language training. Coordinating lecturers must have a command of the language of instruction of the program component at CEFR level C1. We provide tailor-made language training.
Our offer for you
Depending on the candidate's qualifications, UHasselt offers a position as lecturer in the tenure track system, (senior) lecturer or professor:
- the tenure track system entails an evaluation period of 5 years, during which an annual evaluation takes place on the basis of previously agreed output indictators. After a positive evaluation of the tenure track, a permanent appointment follows.
- a position as (senior) lecturer or professor in the tenure track has a 3-year internship period.
Preferred starting date 01/05/2024.
Apply for this position
The selection procedure consists of a preselection based on application file, an interview and a test lesson / presentation.