BELSPO offers traineeships at ESA, where young researchers can gain their first professional experience in research, planning and development. The fellows will work in interdisciplinairy teams of scientists from the 22 ESA member states. Approximately 3 National Trainee Positions (NTP) are available.
Requirments for applicants:
- Belgian citizenship
- To have completed a technical or science university degree, Master's degree (completed no more than two years ago) or a PhD
- Occasionally – depending on the specific vacancy – also an economics or law degree
- Very good command of English – knowledge of another foreign language, especially French, is an advantage
- Eagerness to work in an international environment
Offer for successful applicants:
- A monthly bursary from the Belgian Science Policy Office (BELSPO) for the total duration of employment – 12 to a maximum of 24 months.
- a one-off grant for relocation and travel expenses, including the return trip.
- The researcher will be based at one of the ESA sites (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, the Netherlands or even Belgium).
- The opportunity to work on current space projects at the European Space Agency (ESA). Satellite operations, robotics, manned and unmanned spaceflight, Earth observation and mission analysis are just some of the exciting areas of work in which trainees have taken on demanding tasks.
- The application should be in English, and consist of a motivation letter and your CV (preferably Europass format ) including date of birth and citizenship. All documents need to be send to NTP@belspo.be by September 10th
- A selection of candidates get invited to the interview with BELSPO and ESA experts in September
- Successful candidates will be announced in October.
Regulations?More information on the application and the open positions