The Flemish Ministry of Education and Training awards Mastermind scholarships to students from around the world for a master's programmes in Flanders and Brussels. A Master Mind Scholarship includes a grant of €8 400 and a tuition fee waiver per academic year (60 ECTS). Master Mind Scholarship holders only pay an administrative enrolment fee. The grant is paid in instalments and covers accommodation costs, insurances and a significant amount of their living expenses.
The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance:
- a Grade Point Average of 3.5 out of 4.0: www.scholaro.com/gpa-calculator/
- a sufficient knowledge of the English language:
- an overall band score of min. 7.0 on the IELTS test;
- a min. total score of 94 on a TOEFL test;
- a C1 level on the Certificate in Advanced English (CAE);
- or similar results in another official English language test;
- online language tests of IELTS and TOEFL will also be accepted.
- Only students who are currently not enrolled at a Flemish higher education institution are eligible (exception: international students who are enrolled in a preparatory programme in order to start a master's programme in September).
- Students who enrol for only a preparatory programme, a bridging programme or a distance learning programme are not eligible.
- All nationalities can apply, but the previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Students can not combine this scholarship with another scholarship from the Flemish government or an Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
- Step 1: Submit a completed application file (including all the mandatory documents) for the relevant Master programme at UHasselt (see application procedure) before the deadline of the specific master programme.
- Step 2: Complete this Master Mind application form by 15/03/2022 Please note that you need to upload the following documents in the application form:
- 2 recommendation letters from professors of your (previous) Home university, University or recent employer written in English. Please merge the 2 letters in 1 PDF document and upload the document here.
- Students applying for Master of Management or Master of Transportation Sciences also have to upload their admission letter from Hasselt University.
- March 15: deadline for applications at Hasselt University
- April: selected candidates will be contacted to complete the Master Mind online application.
- April 29: Final deadline for application at Flemish Government
- June: Flemish selection commission announces the selection results.
Contact UHasselt: Niels Lambrichts