There are various scholarships for international students, depending on their country of origin, study programme, etc. Here below you can find more information about the following scholarships:
- programme specific scholarships:
- general scholarships for master students: Master Mind scholarships
Master Mind scholarships for master students (for outstanding students only)
The Flemish Ministry of Education awards scholarships of 8.000 euro per academic year to outstanding students for master programmes in Flanders. A number of scholarships are reserved for students from certain countries: Japan (3), Mexico (3) and USA (5). More information about the study programmes offered by Hasselt University can be found on our website (UHasselt - Study Programmes).
The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance:
- a Grade Point Average of 3.0 out of 4.0: www.foreigncredits.com/resources/gpa-calculator/
- a sufficient knowledge of the English language:
- an overall band score of min. 7.0 on the IELTS test;
- a min. total score of 100 on a TOEFL test;
- a C1 level on the Certificate in Advanced English (CAE);
- or simular results in another official English language test.
Hasselt University will perform an academic check of the student's file. Therefore, we advise students to check our admission requirements before applying.
Please note that the host institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee that equals the rate of the yearly tuition fee for a student from who receives a study grant from the Flemish Government.
- only students who are currently not enrolled at a Flemish higher education institution are eligibe.
- all nationalities can apply, but the previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- students can not combine this scholarship with another scholarship from the Flemish government.
UHasselt screens all applicants and submits a shortlist of candidates for the scholarship. The Flemisg Government makes the final selection on the basis of this shortlist.
To apply for the Master Mind scholarship, students need to complete the following steps:
Step 1:Complete your application and upload all documents for the relevant Master programme at UHasselt (see application procedure)
Step 2: Complete the following application form and send it together with all other documents before 15/02/2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you have to complete step 1 first and on time (before the application deadline of your specific master programme) in order to be eligible for this scholarship.
Potential candidates will be screened by the selection committee of the relevant master programme and will be contacted in the beginning of April to complete the Master Mind online application.
The Flemish selection commission will announce the selection results in June.