Find your student room in Diepenbeek, Hasselt or Genk on our housing database
- more than 2500 student rooms from private owners
- UHasselt does not have rooms under its own management
- find your room by entering your conditions in the (advanced) search functions. When you’re interested in a certain room, you need to contact the landlord. You can find the contact information in the room details.
- Don't forget to read our tips and tricks. (pdf, 86 KB)
If you want to visit your room before signing a contract. You can always stay a couple of days in the Hostel in Hasselt, near the train station. If your pre-enrolment is in order, you’ll get a discount. Also a stay in a hotel or airbnb is possible. Mind that it can take quite a while to find a student room. If you are looking for a room via a facebook page of which UHasselt is not the initiator, be alert for scamming or fraud.
- Most rooms are furnished. However, bedding, towels, cookware and cutlery are not always provided. So you’ll need to bring or buy these things
- use of a standard model tenancy agreement (not for doctoral students)
- Rooms have an operating licence, EPC certificate and fire insurance
- recognizable in the street with our poster
Advantages of renting from our housing database
- free tenant liability insurance (not for doctoral students), if you provide us a copy of your rental contract before 31/10
- mediation by the housing service in the event of a conflict between you and the room owner.
The housing service
- gives you information and advice about your student room
- informs and advises in case of problems
- gives you a free referral for legal support
tel: +32 (0) 11 26 80 56
make an appointment