The English two-year programme "Master of Statistics" at Hasselt University combines a solid study of principles of applied statistics and biostatistics with up-to-date information on topics such as clinical trials, public health, longitudinal data, survival analysis, genetics, survey methodology ….
Three complementary specializations are offered: Biostatistics, Bioinformatics and Epidemiology & Public Health Methodology.
In order to meet the needs of a broad population of interested students, five different programme profiles have been setup: on-campus, distance learning, shortened programme, VLIR UOS ICP and working student.
The Master of Statistics is an NVAO and RSS accredited programme. In the 25 years of its existence, over a thousand students from all over the world have graduated and started a career in industry, government, research, ...
With the support of the Flemish Interuniversity Council (VLIR-UOS), offering 12 full-fledged scholarships for the ICP programme of the Master of Statistics, the Master’s programme is able to provide a small contribution to the economic and scientific growth of developing countries.
An Advisory Board of internationally renowned experts provides strategic advice to the management of the master of statistics:
- prof. dr. Leonhard Held, University of Zurich (specialization public health/infectious diseases)
- prof. dr. em. Thomas Louis, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (specialization biostatistics)
- prof. dr. Jeanine Houwing-Duistermaat, University of Leeds (specialization bioinformatics)
- prof. dr. Ricardo Cao, Universidade da Coruña (mathematical statistics)
- dr. Tarylee Reddy, South African Medical Research Council (ICP).