Erasmus+ is the EU Programme in the fields of education, training, youth and sport for the period 2014-2020.
The Erasmus+ Programme implements the following Actions:
Key action 1 - Mobility of individuals
This Key Action supports:
- Mobility of learners and staff: opportunities for students as well as for professors and staff of education institutions to undertake a learning and/or professional experience in another country;
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees: high-level integrated international study programmes delivered by consortia of higher education institutions that award full degree scholarships to the best master students worldwide
Key action 2 - Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
This Key Action supports:
- Transnational Strategic Partnerships aimed to develop initiatives addressing one or more fields of education and promote innovation, exchange of experience and know-how between different types of organisations involved in education, training and youth or in other relevant fields;
- Knowledge Alliances between higher education institutions and enterprises which aim to foster innovation, entrepreneurship, creativity, employability, knowledge exchange and/or multidisciplinary teaching and learning;
- Capacity-building projects supporting cooperation with Partner Countries in the fields of higher education and youth. Capacity-building projects aim to support organisations/institutions and systems in their modernisation and internationalisation process.
Key action 3 - Support for policy reform
The activities in support for policy reform are targeted at the achievement of the goals of the European policy agendas, in particular the Europe 2020 Strategy, of the Strategic framework for European cooperation in education and training (ET 2020) and of the European Youth Strategy.
Jean Monnet activities
The Jean Monnet Actions aim at promoting excellence in teaching and research in the field of European Union studies worldwide. These Actions also aim at fostering the dialogue between the academic world and policy-makers, in particular with the aim of enhancing EU and global governance.
More information about the programme and the application procedures can be found in the programme guide: https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/programme-guide/introduction/how-to-read-programme-guide_en Application deadlines
International credit mobility: mid-January
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees: mid-February
Strategic partnerships: mid-March
Knowledge Alliances: February
Capacity building: Early February
Jean Monnet: February