Step 1: Choose a study programme.
Step 2: Check if you meet the requirements.
Before you can register, you have to meet certain requirements. These requirements are detailed in Article 3 of the Education Regulations.
These requirements relate to:
Step 3: Submit your application.
- Select the correct procedure
- Online pre-registration
- Send certified hard copies by postal mail before the deadline:
The full and complete application must be submitted before
- 1 February for non-EEA citizens for the programme Master of Statistics
- 1 March for ICP programme - ROAD SAFETY IN LOW & MIDDLE INCOME COUNTRIES
- 1 May for non-EEA citizens
- 1 September for EEA citizens
However, it cannot be guaranteed that applications which are submitted after 15 August will be processed before the start of the academic year.
We cannot confirm the receipt of your documents, due to the volume of applications. We strongly recommend to send your certified hard copies via express service, so you can track your documents. Therefore, their arrival at our university also can be acknowledged.
Step 4: Admitted? Prepare your stay.
- Start the visa procedure as soon as possible.
- Pay the tuition fee (instructions by email).
- For non-EEU students: register for health insurance.
- Search for a student room.
- Register for the orientation programme.
- Travel to Belgium before the start of the academic year.
International distance learning students need to prepare their stay during the examination periods, since all examination will be held on campus.
Step 5: Finalize your registration at the student secretariat at our campus in Hasselt.
Registration in person is not necessary for distance learning students.
Step 6: Compile your study pathway.
If you want to modify your study contract or deregister for the programme, please check the information on modification/deregistration.